Re: gv depends on ghostscript, which depends on gsfonts

karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

>  Please Cc: relevant responses to 18026@bugs.debian.org.
>
>  I don't think that `gv' needs to depend on the `gsfonts' package,
>  since it depends upon `gs' | `gs-aladdin', which should depend on
>  `gsfonts' in some way.

I think that´s right.

>  Checking, I find that `gs-aladdin 5.10-3' and `gs 3.33-6' both have
>  "Recommends:" dependencies on `gsfonts'.  Perhaps these should be
>  "Requires:" rather than "Recommends:"?  Why are they "Recommends:"
>  right now?

Well, maybe Marco (gs) can give us a hint.

>  The person installing the postscript interpreter needs to be informed
>  of the requirement for fonts.

I bet it is possible to set up gs | gs-aladdin to use e.g. the fonts
of X. So this would tell why there`s only a recommends header.

Jens (maintainer of ghostview)

---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37