gv depends on ghostscript, which depends on gsfonts

 [ cc'd to _debian-mentors_.  *Please advise*.
  This is concerning:
  <URL:http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/18/18026.html> ]

 Please Cc: relevant responses to 18026@bugs.debian.org.

 I don't think that `gv' needs to depend on the `gsfonts' package,
 since it depends upon `gs' | `gs-aladdin', which should depend on
 `gsfonts' in some way.

 Checking, I find that `gs-aladdin 5.10-3' and `gs 3.33-6' both have
 "Recommends:" dependencies on `gsfonts'.  Perhaps these should be
 "Requires:" rather than "Recommends:"?  Why are they "Recommends:"
 right now?

 The person installing the postscript interpreter needs to be informed
 of the requirement for fonts.