using <...@debian.org> as maintainer address

A lot of developers on the policy list seem to think that it would be
better if package maintainers used their debian.org email address as the
maintainer address for any packages they own.

I sympathize this and would like to declare my sympathy by doing just
that.  However, a preliminary question.

Clearly I have a PGP key, and my name on that key is
<apharris@onshore.com>, which is my std email address.  I don't want to
have to change and redistribute this key.

I'm one of those lusers who uses debhelper, so I'd appreciate if someone
could clarify the following points.

It looks like the operative places for email is in debian/control and
debian/changelog.   Further, it looks like debian/changelog is parsed to
determine who's PGP key to look for.  OTOH, debian/control is used for the
"Maintainer" field in the final .deb.  This is correct, right?

My real question is whether it's actually kosher to have divergance
between my email address in the changelog (for the purposes of PGP'ing)
and my email address in the control file?

While we're at it, maybe it's not cool at all to have a maintainer
address which diverges from the address on the PGP key?

(I'm beginning to suspect I should have made a special PGP key just for
package maintenance.  Of course, I wouldn't know when I got signed up
what my master.debian.org account name would be, at least not for sure.)