Re: Where to put xpm icons?

Paul J Thompson wrote:
  >Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the answer to this question
  >/usr/X11R6/include/pixmaps?

>From the Debian menu system manual (package: menu):

"2.3 Icons

Please, make sure the icons you specify are always available on the system.
So, if you want to have an icon with your menu entry, the preferred method
is to supply the icon with that package. Also, to prevent the distribution
of icons files to turn too much into a mess, please put all icon files in
the directory /usr/X11R6/include/X11/{bitmap,pixmap}.

Debian package maintainers should ensure that any icons they include for use in the debian
menus conform to the following points:

    1.The icons should be in xpm format.

    2.The icons may not be larger than 32x32 pixels, although smaller sizes are ok.

    3.The icons should use only the 24 colors present in cmap.xpm, which comes with the menu
      package.

    4.The background area of the icon should be transparent, if possible."

There are also {pixmaps,bitmaps} in /usr/X11R6/include, put there by
packages: offix-files, xviewg and xcontrib [of what I have installed]