Re: automatic dependencies question

    Ionutz> Hi, I am trying to package VDK libs. I have added this in
    Ionutz> my control file:

    Ionutz> libvdk depends on libgtk 1.1.7 or more. However, this is
    Ionutz> what I get in my libvdk1.deb:

    Ionutz> No reference to libgtk or libglib at all. What am I doing
    Ionutz> wrong ?

Did you install your own libgtk without using packages? The only way
dpkg-shlibdeps (the package that figures out the shared library
dependancies) can know how to set up a shared library dependancy is if
a file /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.shlibs exists that defines a dependancy
for libgtk.

Since there are no gtk+ 1.1.7 .debs out yet (1.1.9 .debs are building
right now) I'll assume you installed your own, and thus you don't have
a shlibs file for 1.1.7 in /var/lib/dpkg/info/, as there is no package
for them to depend on. :)

Please wait until I release 1.1.9 .debs.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters M and G and the number 0.
"If you turn both processors off, you will have to reboot." -- The Be Book