dev and dbg packages

Hi,

I want to package the VDK libs. But I have to take a decission: how to
make the dbg package.

The VDK, if compiled with "-g -DVDKDEBUG" can provide additional
information, like the activity of the garbage collector (gc), regardless
of statically or dynamically linkage. Also, dynamically linking with
these libs, I am still able to browse through the libs with ddd when
debuging.

So please tell me what am I missing here (aka why debugging works also
on shared libs) and how should I organise my packages:
a. libvdk1: shared libs, no debug info
   libvdk-dev: include files, conflicts libvdk-dev, require libvdk1
   libvdk-dbg: static libvdk.a with -g -DVDKDEBUG, conflicts libvdk-dbg,
require libvdk-dev

or

b. libvdk1: shared libs, no debug info
   libvdk-dev: include files
   libvdk-dbg: static AND SHARED libs with -g -DVDKDEBUG, conflicts with
libvdk1, libvdk-dev, provides libvdk, libvdk-dev

Also, should I put the "include" files in the dbg and make dbg and dev
conflicts also ?

TIA,

Ionutz