Rebuild process

I just received my first bug report, and I would appreciate it if someone
could list the steps I need to take (doesn't seem to be documented anywhere).
Obviously the first step is to reply to the bug-report with "-done", but then
what? I fix the bug (which was due to my superior packaging skills). Do I just
do dh_make? Will that automagically increase the build number? Basiaclly, what
steps go between responding to the bug report and uploading the fixed package?

One problem I have found is the overlap of commands, which causes at least me
some confusion as to what program I am supposed to be using (ie deb-make and
dh_make).

Cheers
	Dave

--
            Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.1.125
   <dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> |