Re: A few new-maintainer questions.

On Tue, Dec 01, 1998 at 10:51:09AM +0100, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "ZEH" == Zephaniah E, Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net> writes:
>
> ZEH> 3: I've got a package which can be compiled with or without X
> ZEH> support, However the X support does not work without changing a
> ZEH> few settings in the X config, as I don't use X I'm not the best
> ZEH> one to try and figure out what to do..
>
> Could you tell us, which program you are packageing ?

Repackaging really, tleds..
(Basicly the old maintainer packaged it as a nice toy but never really
used it, and did not have the time to maintain it, so I'm basicly
looking at his old package and packaging a new version)

> Which files / what changes to X are necessary ?

The readme says that it needs the line 'Xleds  2  3' in the keyboard
section of /etc/X11/XF86Config...

> ZEH> 4: This package can also be compiled for 2.0 kernel or for 2.1
> ZEH> kernels, but not both, what's the best way to handle this?
>
> Make a 2.0 version. A multi-binary package (1 source creates both the
> 2.0 and 2.1 packages) would be the best solution, but make the 2.0
> version first. When you are satisfied, you can add the 2.1 one.

Was thinking multi-binary, but was not sure..

As far as doing the 2.0 first, errrm, someone else will have to test it
as I'm on 2.1.x kernels, I could do a quick test, but nothing overly
extensive..

Zephaniah E, Hull.