Lintian error - "newer-standards-version"

     I am preparing to upload the binary and source packages of
dict-web1913_1.4a-1_all.deb.  I have lintian 0.9.3 and debian-policy
2.5.0.0 installed, which are the versions included in slink.

     The debian/control file in my package includes the line:

     Standards-Version: 2.5.0.0

     I believe the package conforms to policy version 2.5.0.0.
However, lintian gives the following error message:

E: dict-web1913 source: newer-standards-version 2.5.0.0

     What am I missing?

     Are lintian checks built into the install process, or could I
upload this package in its present state?

     Incidentally, I believe lintian version numbers should parallel
policy version numbers or should state in the README file (or some
documentation) which policy version number they correspond to.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>