How to update packages in frozen?

On Friday 13 November 1998, at 19 h 54, the keyboard of Debian Installer
<maor-installer@debian.org> wrote:

> Installing:
> queso_0.980922-2_i386.deb to dists/potato/main/binary-i386/net/queso_0.980922
-2.deb (replacing queso_0.980922-1.deb)

That's fine but this new version of queso was also uploaded to frozen (it is a
pure bug-fix upgrade). It has been installed (automatically, I presume) on
unstable/potato but not on frozen/slink.

I assume it is because modifications to frozen require manual check (to
enforce the freeze). But how long does it take? What feedback am I supposed to
receive? Why another package (ncbi-tools6), much larger with more bug fixes,
uploaded the same day, was installed in frozen and not queso? Is it because
queso was uploaded in both frozen and unstable and ncbi-tools6 only in frozen?
Should I upload again or will it only bother the maintainer?