Re: Checking if directory is empty in postrm

    Marcus> can someone give me a hint how I can efficient test if a
    Marcus> certain directory is empty in the postrm (shell script)?

Here's what I did in the /etc/rc.boot/nethack script:

# Are there any lock-files to recover?
ls /var/lib/games/nethack/*lock.0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || exit 0

You can obviously replace the *lock.0 with * if you want to see
if it's completely empty.

--
Brought to you by the letters O and P and the number 16.
"Hello! We are only joke. It is funny enough." -- Orz, SCII