Re: Documentation for new maintainers

On Friday 30 October 1998, at 20 h 52, the keyboard of Raphael Hertzog
<rhertzog@hrnet.fr> wrote:

> as we speak about new-maintainers problems, I think a document
> intented for them could be helpful. I'll write something as soon as
> I can.

Good idea. As several people mentioned there *are* documents but most of them
are out of date and the maintainers does not seem very reactive (overloaded,
fed up, I don't know).

It clearly a dark area of the Debian project. The maintainers feel under
attack when there is a criticism about it but it's true. I would advise new
developers to do not trust documents in <http://www.debian.org/devel/> apart
from the Policy Manual and the Developers Reference. Most of them should be
removed from the Developer's Corner.