Taking over a package...

Hi all,

There is a package in non-us (cfs) that hasn't been updated in a VERY long
time (I'm fairly sure it's still libc5) and it is currently seriously
broken anyway (it wont work and it overwrites ssh's manpage).

I tried contacting the current maintainer, but I've had no responce.

Since then I have managed to get it to compile under libc6, and produced a
fairly simple package (but it needs alot of cleaning up).  Would it be
possible to either a) take over this package? or b) upload a working
version?

BTW, if someone could explain to me how non-us works it would help also.

Lastly, I managed to get it to compile from the sources on the debian site,
and a patch sent to me by a kind person in the US.  However, when looking
for information on the program I could only find versions that were not
permitted to be exported (they were all in the US).  Is debian allowed to have
a copy on it's non-us server?  And what is the law regarding exporting
diff files (not runable source, just the diffs)?

Thanks for any tips,

Chris

REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)   ....Debian GNU/Linux
Reply with subject 'request key' for PGP public key.  KeyID 0xA9E087D5