Re: Where to put non-end-user binaries?

    Florian> Hi!  Lets say a debian package foo contains a binary
    Florian> "prog" which needs another binary or shell script
    Florian> "helper" to run.

    Florian> Should I install these files as /usr/bin/prog and
    Florian> /usr/lib/foo/helper ?

It depends. For my Nethack package, I have a helper/wrapper
script in /usr/games/nethack, but the actual nethack
executable lives in /usr/lib/games/nethack/nethack.

If you intend the end user to run helper, put it in /usr/bin.
If you intend them to run prog, put it in /usr/bin.

--
Brought to you by the letters T and A and the number 4.
"Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla (Stop That)" -- Alliances