Faking Root: Solved

John Lapeyre wrote:

Ok I think I have a handle on the problem.  The guy who wrote minvend
wrote it all
in perl in including the installation.  There a perl interface for build
makefile
that cant be used.  The perls scripts would do theses things:
	install the files
	download with cpan updated needed
	configureate all file(and the c code to be compiled)
	compile the c code (with hardcoded directory values)
I was finally able to change the man/library directories, and figure out
to change the directory within the script.  I also found the one line
after some tedious search, that links that installation to the
configuration, and severed it.  I will use the configuration perl to
build my configuration scripted for my debian package.  So I'm pretty
sure I have everything installable into the file.  Now I have to make
sure I have duplicate my results in a script.  I'm contemplaing that
when building I will just overwriten the author installation and
configuration, and then I'll be all set.  Now to build some man page for
the commands. I'll do it in my continued lessons of vim.

Thanks all

Philip Thiem

--
PENQUIN-LOVER-CODER ALERT:  ptt@umr.edu
   All windows user please exvacuate the building