Re: Getting build to use default compile flags

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Ossama Othman wrote:

othman>Sorry, I think I just figured it out.  I can achieve what I want by
othman>modifying debian/rules, right?

	Yes, I don't know where your rules file came from. Build is pretty
dumb (not that its not useful), just makes targets in rules .
	I don't even use debmake or anything like that . I unpacked a few
packages done by one of the older boys and copy their rules files, and
work from there. Thereafter, I copy my own rules files.
	For example, gmp2 packaged by D Sheetz (I think) is a good example
of a library package.

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>