Re: One on One with a Mentor, please (fwd)

Dean Rushing wrote:
> Well I want to give something back for the great learning experience I've had.
> I just had a breakin, so I'm not quite as happy as I should be, sorry.

Great!

> Well, I was hoping that I could adopt a package,, I'm now trying to find
> the source for phosphorous,, it is a memory sharing system that
> compliments PVM (parrallel virtual machine) I'm going to string together
> people's discarded machines.
>
> I know a small bit about C coding,, I'm pretty good with hardware now,
> I've built machines, repaired them, and my last build from scratch was a
> dual pentium system..
>
> With this type of background, should I do ok at adopting a simple
> package,, or go nuts on something like phosphorous?

When you have understood the DFSG/SC and the packaging manuals and
even know some C (so you're able to patch things), this should be sufficient.

Simple test: try packagaing phosphorous and see how far you come.

Regards,

	Joey

PS: Sorry, this mail might be outdated but I forgot it ant went
to bed before finishing and sending it...

--
Install joe (Joey's Own Editor)     correct: Joe's Own Editor