Re: LAM packaging [update]

On  9 Aug 98 at 10:40, Andrew M.A.Cater \[Andy\]
<amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Problem: As well as the man pages, there are also various large
> documents in PS format: one is main docs, one is various papers
> regarding performance etx.  The docs have been gzipped.
>
> Do I
>
> Ignore these and refer people back to the upstream site for more
> extensive documentation ?
>
> Place these in their own subdirectory under /usr/doc/lam/postscript?
>
> Untar/zip them and convert the PS to ASCIi ??
>
> HELP !
>
> Andy

Hello Andy!

First of all, thanks for your work.  I was considering doing it too,
but only after presenting my M. Sc. dissertation.  I personally use
LAM and Debian, so i would like to contribute to both projects.

Concerning your question about the PS documents, i'll agree with
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com>: one idea is to separate the
two packages: one for the sources, the other one for the
documentation.  What do you think?

This approach is interesting since it will permit the subsequent
additionn of LAM and MPI documents.

Regards,
--Hilton