Re: open

On Fri, Aug 07, 1998 at 06:41:52PM -0700, Guillermo Medley wrote:
> What's the quickest way I can get the 'open' command. My RealPlayer
> keeps reporting that it can't open my sequencer, but it exists, I just
> can't invoke the 'open' command. Any help here would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks!

Ok..first...this question really belongs on the debian-user list.
Debian-user is for general questions like this...debina-mentors is for
people who want to learn (or help others learn) abotu the debian packaging
system and with questions about how to construct their packages.

secondly...to anser your question...
there is a program called "open" but it doesn't do what you want.
This sounds like a permissions problem. edit /etc/group
and add yourself to the audio group
(and further questions should be directed to: debian-user@lists.debian.org)

-Steve

--