Re: tempfile <-> IO::Handle::new_tmpfile?

Hi,
>>"Marcelo" == Marcelo E Magallon <mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr> writes:

 Marcelo>  ... and debianutils is part of the base system, and it's
 Marcelo>  requiered, so there's no need to depend on it, is there?

	Yes, there is. Unless the package is tagged essential, you
 have to explicitly provide the dependency fields.

 >> If it has to be modified, policy says it cannot be a conffile. Postinst
 >> could create it instead.

 Marcelo>  Well, I didn't explain myself. In the particular case I'm dealing
 Marcelo>  with, the file is already there, and it has to be fixed because the
 Marcelo>  program (wmaker) won't even start with the old data. There are
 Marcelo>  several keys .*Fiend.* that have to be changed to .*Clip.*; if the
 Marcelo>  change is not made, wmaker won't start (the general feeling among
 Marcelo>  developers is "this is still under development, use at your own
 Marcelo>  risk"... I'm just trying to cope with that)

	Handle it in postinst. Tell the user what the situation is,
 aopologize, and ask permission to change it. Warn them that
 saying no is likely to make wmaker unuseable. Prvide a small utility
 in /usr/s?bin to aid in conversion, so people may defer the task if
 they wish.

	manoj
--
 "I think Michael is like litmus paper - he's always trying to learn."
 Elizabeth Taylor, absurd non-sequitur about Michael Jackson