[Solved] How to tweak a rules file without `make distclean' ?

> Is there a short-cut I can temporarily use to layout the file tree (What
> I don't want to build a final .deb file at this point, just get everything
> placed right (links, binaries, info files, html files, etc).

I look at the /dpkg-buildpackage code and figured out that

$ debian/rules binary

does what I want.  Sorry to be a bother...
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada