oops...moronic source error

This really isn't a big deal but...
there have been some xfstt questions and I was thinking about it so I decided
to ftp the source to myself (I didn't have it here at work) and as soon as
I unpacked the source I realized I made an error when I packaged and uploaded
it!

This really isn't a big deal but... When I was having a problem building it
just before upload I did a "strace gcc <file> 2>err"
and I just realized that I left that strace in!
the file err is in the source...it is not big:
-rw-r--r--   1 sjc      sjc          3879 Jun  4 10:47 err
...qurestion...
is it possible for me to remove this and update the source without uploading a
new package with a new debian version? (as this file obviously has
no bearing on anything...completly useless)
Can I do this or should I just wait until I am ready to make a new upload?
(I am looking atthe source now so...I may be ready with a new patch for
it within the next 2 days if I am lucky...within the next 22 years if im not
;) )
in any case since this file is small I doubt I would re-upload the source to
fix it...its tiny and after compression does very little to increase size
but...I would like to know if it is possible...just in case I do it again
with a much larger file in the future

-Steve