General Questions

     Thanks to Santiago and Igor for helping me on the non-free
distribution question.

     My initial group of packages had no lintian errors, and installed
without error on my system, so I have uploaded them.  I now have some
general questions.

     The upstream Makefiles in all of the the dict packages have a
line in the distclean target that removes Makefile and configure.
That would make it necessary to run autoconf after make distclean in
order to compile again.  The Makefiles do _not_ include a rule to run
autoconf.  I deleted configure from that line in Makefile.in in every
case.  Is that reasonable?  Would it be reasonable to assume that
anyone who wanted to recompile the binary from the source package
would have autoconf installed?

     In Monaj's sample rules files, which I have followed closely,
directories are typically made one at a time, as:

        $(make_directory)    debian/tmp
        $(make_directory)    debian/tmp/usr
        $(make_directory)    debian/tmp/usr/sbin

     Since $(make_directory) calls install -d, which creates missing
leading directories as required, would there be any problems caused by
using one statement, as below, instead of three?

        $(make_directory)    debian/tmp/usr/sbin

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>