Re: Config file format [may] change

James LewisMoss <dres@dimensional.com> writes:

>  Turbo> How to I 'force' a user to install the new one, when they
>  Turbo> upgrade? I'm thinking about dpkg's 'Okay to install new
>  Turbo> version (N is usually ok)' or what ever it exactly say...
>
> Or you can do like sysvinit and pop up a message in preinst that says
> something like 'If you don't allow the system to upgrade your <config
> file> things will break since the format of the config file has
> file> changed.  Please say Yes if it asks you whether to upgrade.'

This sounds like a better option to me... Then I don't have write a script
to get the options from the old, to put in the new... :)

 Turbo  ___________     Debian GNU/Linux   Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^  ___  /___(_)__________  _____  __  selective about who its friends are
  _ /// _  /___  / _  / / / /_/ /__>  <   Turbo Fredriksson Tel: +46-704-697645
  \\\/  /_____/_/  /_/ /_/\__,_/ /_/|_|   S-415 10 Göteborg    turbo@tripnet.se
                  PGP#788CD1A9            SWEDEN         www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
----------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B ------------
--
Semtex counter-intelligence Ft. Meade security Honduras Clinton
explosion Saddam Hussein Waco, Texas Ortega Soviet Treasury munitions