Re: build?? why not?

> I currently use "build" to create my packages and "deb-make" to start
> them.  Is there a reason why I should not.  Some have expressed opinions
> against these.  Is it ford/chevy or is there a real reason??

Well, build is nothing but a simple wrapper around dpkg-buildpackage.  If you
give no arguments to it, you are effectively running dpkg-buildpackage.  There
is nothing wrong with starting your packages using deb-make either.  However,
using debstd in your rules file is being deprecated.  Debhelper tools seem to
be the superior product.  Personally, I prefer to do it all myself without
using the helper tools.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com