Re: lintian errors...

Ulf Fredriksson wrote:

> E: tcpquota: unknown-control-file 23:20
>
> Say what? Which one? I have been looking for this 'unknown-control-file' for
> the last 4 hours...
>
> W: tcpquota: executable-not-elf-or-script 23:20 1998 usr/bin/tcpquotatop
>
> I know, it's a perl script! Why does it buggs me about this?

Both of these (this one and your other mail) look like errors in lintian.
It seems to be taking the timestamp as the filename.

Actually, "23:20 1998" looks like an "ls -l" timestamp, and lintian
should be processing "tar tv" output at that point.  (It doesn't use
ls).  Do you have a strange tar?

Please submit a bug report for lintian.  Do you get this behaviour with
other packages as well, or just tcpquota?

Richard Braakman