Re: mtr done, someone care to test?

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Anand Kumria wrote:

> Also, I didn't actually use Christoph's package, since mtr is so small I
> thought it'd be useful if I did everything from scratch. Apart from the
> changelog everything is my own - actually that reminds me mtr-0.14-1
> installs into usr/bin whereas mine installs into usr/sbin, will this just
> work (when upgrading)  or should I add in specific support to move the
> binary?

No, moving normal files is completly transparent.  Although I have a
general objection to moving mtr into /usr/sbin, I use network diagnostic
programs all the time on my local machine and moving them to sbin just
makes them more annoying to get at without adding extra security.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/