Re: mtr done, someone care to test?

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Anand Kumria wrote:

> Also, I didn't actually use Christoph's package, since mtr is so small I
> thought it'd be useful if I did everything from scratch. Apart from the
> changelog everything is my own - actually that reminds me mtr-0.14-1
> installs into usr/bin whereas mine installs into usr/sbin, will this just
> work (when upgrading)  or should I add in specific support to move the
> binary?

No, moving normal files is completly transparent.  Although I have a
general objection to moving mtr into /usr/sbin, I use network diagnostic
programs all the time on my local machine and moving them to sbin just
makes them more annoying to get at without adding extra security.

Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/