Different version numbers for different binary packages

I'm working on putting together an updated imagemagick (an image
manipulation/display program) package.  The perlmagick (a perl library
interface) package has been incorperated into the source upstream.  I'd
like to compile both from the same source for ease of package building,
since the perlmagick standalone sources take more effort to build than the
ones included in imagemagick.

My problem is that perlmagick carries a different version number (1.26)
than imagemagick (4.0.1) and I'd like to generate the version numbers
seperatly.  Is there an easy way to get one source package to generate
different version numbers for different binary packages?

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/