Re: conventions for packaging (ie: docs)

Both of the suggested reasons exist for my situation (I have machines
that can't really afford the space and I have machines that could
'serve' the documentation for software that they don't have installed).
OTOH, I also appreciate the potential problems and the general increase
in complexity that separate packages would present -- which is why the
idea that it might be better if the 'docs' were still in the same
package but could either be installed or not independently of the main
package (obviously a major change to the packaging system).

Thanks for the reply.
--
best,
-bill