Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, cpp
Suggests: something

Package: something-custom
Architecture: any
Section: x11
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, cpp
Conflicts: something
Provides: something

is this ok? will something-custom replace something, and will
something-else be happy with it?

WindowMaker has a load of compile time options, and there's people already
asking for the bazillionth alternative. The reasonable ones (traditional,
newstyle, superfluous) are packaged. But there are others that are not:
kanji-newstyle-crippled, for example. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to
support kanji, but I can't test it! I want to put enough information in
the source package to make it feasible to do "debian/rules custom" and get
wmaker-custom built.

Now that I come to think about it, it's a funny thing... I'm not even the
maintainer! (I'm doing NMR's while Neil, the maintainer, comes back)

				Marcelo