cron.weekly scripts and more...

I've been making some changes to my isdnutils package. One of the things
I wanted to do was to make use of the /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ run-parts
mechanism, i.e. put a script "isdnutils" into /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ and
/etc/ppp/ip-down.d/ .  I thought I could simply put the scripts as
debian/tmp/etc/ppp/ip-{up,down}.d/isdnutils in "rules".

To make sure I was doing it right, I tried to find where the cron.weekly
script is copied into the corresponding directory
debian/tmp/etc/cron.weekly but couldn't find where that happens... So I
guess that dpkg-buildpackage does that automagically, right? Or am I
totally confused at this point?

Anyway, if it is done automagically, should the same be expected for
ip-{up,down}.d scripts?  Or should I simply copy the script into the
debian/tmp/etc/cron.weekly directory?

probably confused,
Paul Slootman
--