Re: Emboss not migrating due to autopkgtest error on s390x

Hi,

On 2024-04-16 15:04, Nilesh Patra wrote:
I suppose you meant "RM" instead of "BTS" here. Thanks for filing a report.

No, I meant filing a BTS bug, which I did file as #1069098 in order to keep track of the issue in previous Debian releases too.

OTOH, does anyone actually use s390x for any med team package? If not, can we
consider to add this too along with other 32-bit archs to our policy?

Personally, I do not like the idea of deny-listing architectures in team policy. But I am not an uploader of emboss, I merely care for it as a dependency for oscar4.

I would suggest the following course of action for emboss:

1. Add a build-time test calling emboss executable(s). This way builds will fail on s390x (and possibly other architectures) until #1069098 is fixed.

2. RM emboss for s390x without excluding s390x from build architectures.

This way emboss will be able to migrate and there will be no action needed if/when #1069098 is fixed.

What do you think?

Andrius