Re: python-cogent fails to build on armhf - any idea or just removing this architecture?

Hi Aaron,

Am Thu, Feb 09, 2023 at 03:14:50PM -0500 schrieb Aaron M. Ucko:
> > Any idea how to fix this?  I personally would probably simply
> > exclude this architecture, to not loose any time.
>
> I see that debian/rules already skips building docs on armel and mipsel,
> presumably for similar reasons; extending the exclusion to armhf ought
> to work.

Yep, thanks for opening my eyes for the obvious.

> For that matter, why not just change override_dh_auto_build to
> override_dh_auto_build-indep and drop the conditional exclusion?  The
> latter approach would probably also let you move some build dependencies
> to Build-Depends-Indep.  (Offhand, pandoc and python3-*sphinx* look like
> plausible candidats to move, though it's of course better to err on the
> side of overstrict build dependencies.)

While I agree I decided to stick to a minimum of changes since we are
de-facto to late for even the version bump.  I hope to convince release
team that the version bump is the most sensible way to cope with numpy /
scipy issues.