pplacer status (Was: Re: [RFH] aeonbits-owner and capsule-maven-nextflow)

Hi all,

Le 22/12/2022 à 17:17, Andreas Tille a écrit :
Am Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 08:55:27PM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:

I see three options:

1. Revert mcl to past version

From a user base point of view I do not consider this a good option.
2. Wait for upstream reaction on ocaml support for mcl -- they said someone
might be interested to look into it but the wait time is not definite

I admit I'm not really optimistic that this will happen right in time
but may be we can support backports later.

3. Disable build time tests which use pplacer and move
the depends on pplacer to suggests; mention in README.Debian to get pplacer
from github or something similar

This seems to be a good alternative.

Andreas and I had a discussion during the ongoing sprint, we think it is better to keep pplacer out of testing as there are reverse dependencies, of which users could also be annoyed by a manual work to get pplacer from github.

Let's backport it later if something positive happens upstream on this side.

Bye,

--
Pierre