[Advent bug squashing] various bugs

Hi all,

I had some time off to squash a variety of bugs today:

  * #1058659: active builds for loong64 architecture;
  * #1058334, #1058220: those were release critical bugs
    revolving around portability to python3.12, in which some
    deprecated calls to stdlib  functions were made in various
    locations caught by the test suite; there are still several
    python3.12 issues open remaining, and people who are
    interested may refer to the porting guide[1] for the help in
    implementing all the required fixes;
  * #1058220: I had a quick discussion with Matthias Klose to
    assess what to do with this bug since some functions of the
    brian simulator were needing cython at runtime, but a number
    of functions were still operating properly, even if in
    degraded mode, so we agreed to demote the dependency to a
    recommendation;
  * #1057996: is another case of demoting cython3 dependency in
    python3-nitime this time;
  * #1047821: is yet another case of failure to build the source
    after a successful build that has been fixed.

Also I mention the release critical bug #1058416, fixed by the
new nitime upstream version, that Andreas begun to introduce in
the salsa repository.  I could finish the package upgrade and
upload.

[1]: https://docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.12.html

I also painted a target for other volunteers, see #1058705.

Have a good night,  :)
--
  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
 : :' :  gpg: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da