Re: migration to htslib ecosystem 1.18

Am Tue, Nov 07, 2023 at 10:27:04PM +0100 schrieb Étienne Mollier:

> Yup, there may be some tight coupling between samtools and

Samtools and bcftools uploaded.

> python-pysam, but the latter's upgrade will be needed for the
> upcoming python 3.12 transission anyway.

I've seen the bug report and will check this now.

> If someone wants to
> beat me at having a look at these while I sleep, they may be
> good targets for help.  htslib 1.18 has been accepted in
> unstable, so once it's built, this should facilitate things for
> whoever who wants to have a look.

I'd like to rewrite bcftools autopkgtest according to the model of
samtools.  However, we need a new binary package bcftools-test which I
rather delay util the set of packages has migrated to testing.

Kind regards and thanks for starting with htslib