Re: Any idea how to fix the UTF-8 errors in augur?

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 09:29:38PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I've upgraded augur after python3-pyfastx is available.  Unfortunately there
> are three remaining errors - two of them definitely related to UTF-8  issues
> the third one possibly[1]

Not exactly UTF-8 I guess, the error also spews out
"zstd.ZstdError: zstd decompress error: Unknown frame descriptor"

when I checked the code for augur.io.file.open_file, I realised this
uses directly uses xopen. The version of xopen needed by augur is 1.7.0, as you could
also check in setup.py as well[2]

Simply updating xopen to 1.7.0 and building augur against it does the job.
I have just uploaded xopen and augur both.

[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/augur/-/blob/master/setup.py#L64

--
Best,
Nilesh