Re: Debian Med video conference tomorrow, Wednesday 2022-11-02 18:00 UTC

Hi everyone,

Le 01/11/2022 à 16:35, Andreas Tille a écrit :
Hi,

this is the call for the next video conference of the Debian Med team
[...]

For those who are interested in hot topics we want to tackle, here
are some items:

   - RC bugs
   - Pushing latest versions of our software

While I won't be able to join tomorrow, I want to underline many (Java) packages of the team were recently marked for auto-removal due to RC bugs with "OpenJDK17" in their titles.

This is because OpenJDK17 has just become the default in Debian instead of OpenJDK11, bugs had been filed some months ago and they have just been bumped to RC.

I have had the opportunity to fix some of them, but obviously the least trivial ones are remaining.

I fixed the one of htsjdk in experimental today. I will be letting the package in experimental until I can coordinate with rdeps like picard-tools which has its own OpenJDK17-related RC bug.

Help is welcome to tackle these RC bugs in ciftools-java (Java team), capsule-nextflow, intervalstorej (Java team)... They are my priority but if they get fixed before I look at them again, I will be very happy.

[...]
        Andreas.

Kind regards,

--