Re: CVEs in DCMTK

On 6/29/22 3:27 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 11:51 AM Nilesh Patra <nilesh@nileshpatra.info> wrote:

On 6/29/22 12:18 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
Hi there,

It turns out there are three CVEs associated with DCMTK version older
than 3.6.7.

* https://www.hipaajournal.com/warning-issued-about-3-high-severity-vulnerabilities-in-offis-dicom-software/

Should we get in touch with debian-security to have them properly
reported ?

Yes.
Not to have them reported, but to coordinate uploads to security queue.

I am not clear about the process.

Ah.
You might wish to read this paragraph[1,2] from dev-ref, explains it clearly.

[1]: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#security-uploads
[2]: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#bug-security

Still not clear about the vocabulary. What does "NOT-FOR-US" mean?

Eg:
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2022-2119

It seems this contradict paragraph:

* https://security-team.debian.org/security_tracker.html#about

comments?

Seems so, since old version dcmtk is packaged and being vendored. In any case,
I'd suggest following this up with security team.

--
Best,
Nilesh