Re: Added autopkgtest for busco - Closes #1010653

Hi Andrius,

Am Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 09:23:20AM +0300 schrieb Andrius Merkys:

> On 2022-06-06 22:37, Mohd Bilal wrote:
> > I have added an autopkgtest for busco[1] as mentioned in bug report[2].
> > The license for the test data needs to be added. I have opened an
> > issue[3] upstream asking for clarification. Requesting someone to review
> > my changes .

Cool.  Just uploaded after checking.  Upload permissions granted in
case further uploads might be necessary.

> > [1] - https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/busco
> > [2] - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1010653
> > [3] - https://gitlab.com/ezlab/busco/-/issues/566
>
> Thanks a lot for pushing forward with this. Can you tell me why you
> decided to add 'debian-tests-data' component instead of just putting
> test files somewhere under debian/? IMO this unnecessarily complicates
> the source package, but I would like to hear other opinions too.

This is perfectly in line with the request of ftpmaster to keep the
debian/ dir "sensibly" small and I'm pretty sure ftpmaster would have
been rejected the package if the data would have been under debian/
(we had such cases in the past).  There are borderline cases where
only a "few" data files are needed but in this case the debian-tests-data
tarball is even an order of magnitude larger than the actual source
package - so this case is pretty clear.

Its actually also not that complicated and documented in Debian Med
policy[4] (thanks to Nilesh).

You probably did not followed all GSoC mails we exchanged with Bilal
but it was one of the first lessons we teached him. ;-)

[4] https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/#embedding-large-test-data