Re: Add autopkgtests to package

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 07:03:31PM +0100, Michael Ikwuegbu wrote:
> I am Michael Ikwuegbu an Outreachy applicant for the DebianMed project ,
> I have setup a Debian unstable environment and sbuild.

Welcome!

> While trying to add
> autopkgtest to the package (python-wdlparse):
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/python-wdlparse
> I came across some roadblocks: I have read the documentation on running
> autopkgtest (
> https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autopkgtest/-/blob/master/doc/README.package-tests.rst),
> but I can't seem to figure out how I would generate the test that should be
> added to the debian/test/run-unit-test file.

It would not generate by itself, you need to write the autopkgtest on your own, and that
is the task. Since wdlparse does not provide upstream tests, you will need to read the upstream
docs and write a test script of your own.
You can find an example here[1]

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/seirsplus/-/tree/master/debian/tests

Regards,
Nilesh