Re: Don't understand: biomaj3-core is marked for autoremoval from testing

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 11:04:43AM +0100, olivier sallou wrote:
> got this autoremoval message I do not understand. biomaj3-core (and other
> biomaj3 packages) do not depend on dh-php.
> It is python app, not php related and a apt-rdepends do not show any dh-php
> relation....

Just checking that is not sufficient.

> Same for elixir-lang relation...
>
> Any idea ?

Here is how the dependency chain goes:

  - biomaj3-core build depends on python-elasticsearch
  - python-elasticsearch build depends on python3-thrift
  - thrift build-depends on pkg-php-tools
  - pkg-php-tools build-depends on php-pear

And hence you are seeing removal chain from php-pear.
On digging a little, you'd find similar chains for dh-php and elixir as well.

Anyway, I hope that helps clarify it.

Regards,
Nilesh