Re: pufferfish wants to link with twopaco and ntcard

Am 03.10.2022 um 17:32 schrieb Andreas Tille:
Hi Andrius,

Am Mon, Oct 03, 2022 at 10:19:41AM +0300 schrieb Andrius Merkys:
twopaco has entered testing (yay!), thus I gave its reverse dependency,
pufferfish (ITP bug #944785), a look. pufferfish carries embedded copies
of twopaco and ntcard with a modified build system to create static (or
is it shared?) libraries for these two and then links pufferfish with
them. For Debian twopaco and ntcard have been un-embedded from
pufferfish and packaged as separate binary packages instead. However,
they do not build neither shared nor static libraries, just executables.

I think we can get around by patching twopaco and ntcard builds to
include static libraries in their binary packages. Does this sound right?
My main motivation to start ntcard and twopaco packages was to avoid
code duplication in pufferfish.  I admit it seems I faild in doing this
sensibly to forget creating a library package.  Simply do whatever
brings you forward with pufferfish and fix what I failed to do.

The salmon package will love this. Many thanks!

Steffen