Re: Finishing ncbi-vdb and sra-sdk

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> I think ncbi-vdb version 3.0.0 is finished in Git.  I'm just uploading it to
> experimental (needs to pass new queue due to the changed binary names).  I

Thanks, but I still have some unpushed changes from some time back.  As
noted at the time, I went to +dfsg2 to sidestep formal line-ending
discrepancies in files we don't actually need.  I subsequently
considered devendoring more third-party code while I was at it, but
never found time; I suppose I should just proceed with what I have.

Sorry for sitting on them for so long; I've had a lot going on outside
Debian.

>   VDB_LIBDIR="" does not exist - ncbi-vdb was not installed in that location.

Does -DVDB_LIBDIR=/usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH} help?

Meanwhile, I'm concerned about how to handle ngs-sdk's incorporation
into sra-sdk 3.x, since sra-sdk needs ncbi-vdb libraries but ncbi-vdb at
least historically needed to build against ngs-sdk.  Given the lack of
runtime dependency, it might just need headers, in which case splitting
them out into an architecture-independent binary package should help --
particularly if we can move sra-sdk's build dependencies on VDB
development packages to Build-Depends-Arch.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu