Re: Upgrading dssp, cif-tools, density-fitness and others

Hi Andreas,

I would love to update my code in Debian, but the trouble is that Debian demands shared libraries and when they break binary compatibility you have to update the SONAME. And that means a new entry in the queue and waiting for months. By the time the new SONAME is accepted, me being upstream will have broken binary compatibility again.

And all my programs depend on libcifpp, which is in active development.

So, I'm a bit reluctant to update, it is so much work. If I were allowed to make libcifpp a static library only, it would be much easier.

Anyway, I'll try to find some time to update the code myself.

regards, -maarten