Re: Accepted ebook-tools 0.2.2-5 (source) into unstable

Hi Aaron,

Am Mon, May 30, 2022 at 06:17:14PM -0400 schrieb Aaron M. Ucko:
> Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> writes:
>
> >    #967243: acedb: depends on deprecated GTK 2
>
> That looks like a separate matter.

Definitely.  I simply wanted to point out that acedb needs some work in
any case.

> Also, I see no direct runtime
> dependency on GTK 2 at this point, so I presume it would simply(?) be a
> matter of adjusting the upstream build system to build only efetch and
> to do without any third-party libraries, and trimming build dependencies
> accordingly.  I'll believe that the upstream changes may be easier said
> than done, though.

I admit I do not know this package at all and I have no idea what part
is really needed and what not.

> I suppose we might also need to drop the transitional acedb-other-belvu
> and acedb-other-dotter packages if seqtools can't move on from GTK 2,
> but that would be a straightforward packaging change.

I'd love to hand over anything that seems to be straightforward for
people who know that software (which is definitely not me). ;-)