Re: q2-composition - removed vega* from source tree

Hi Steffen,

On 25 March 2022 12:48:33 am IST, "Steffen Möller" <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
>I am tempted to upload the package as it is. It is apparently version 4
>of Vega that is expected, not version 5 that just entered the archive
>(many, many thanks!!) and they are apparently using
>https://github.com/vega/vega-embed which we yet do not have. However,
>those embedded vega files will affect the presentation of the results
>but not the results themselves and as such this package is already
>useful. I propose to craft a bug report early about the package to
>prevent its migration to testing and talk to upstream about.

If the package is useful, I don't see much of a problem if it migrated to testing.
But I agree that it makes sense to contact upstream to ask if they would include vega-embed in the monorepo as well.

Or one work around (meanwhile to buy time) could be to include vega-embed inside say, debian/resources

And do something like:

execute_before_dh_auto_configure:
        cp -a debian/resources $(CURDIR)/packages

And so this would help get vega-embed as well.
Or in the worst case scenario, we could package node-vega-embed as a different source package.