Re: Please review ncbi-vdb

Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> writes:

> If you think the package structure is OK I might upload to new.
> Any other fine tuning that might be needed could be done in some
> source-only upload.

Good point, but I did already find two other things that would be best
to fix before any upload:

- dpkg-source errors concerning formal line-ending mismatches for Visual
  Studio files under vdb3/jwt-tool/googletest; I'm inclined to drop that
  subtree altogether, formally calling for 3.0.0+dfsg2 to avoid the need
  for force-pushes.

- Even with that subtree out of the picture, debian/copyright is out of
  date on various fronts, to which the FTP Team may well object.

> I absolutely agree ... but I have no idea about a test.  We might
> re-use the build time test partly.  Or can you get some hints from
> upstream?

Reusing the build-time test could work, and might call for an additional
binary package, which I suppose is another reason to hold off on
uploading.

Also, as you noted in another thread, we are still fairly early in the
release cycle.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu