Re: bart-cuda fails its autopkgtest (Was: Re: bart: version 0.7.00)

Am Freitag, den 31.12.2021, 23:52 +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
> On 12/31/21 6:05 PM, Uecker, Martin wrote:
> > Yes, it was running the tests for the bart package but then
> > the older version of the package was still installed and
> > the test failed. I pushed a fix.  But I am still
> > pondering why it is not fully reproducible....
>
> Looks like I misunderstood your earlier email, sorry about that.
> I believe you are talking about

I was talking about deterministic builds on Debian.
This new issue was also a surprise to me...

> > $ /usr/bin/bart version
> > WARN: BART version is not reproducible.
> > v0.7.00-168-gc3bb89e-dirty
>
> I am not sure why that's the case either. Can we ignore this test for now?
> It does not look critical, since the package otherwise looks usable.

The issue is that if you built locally it seems it picked
up the git version and not the one in version.txt.  This
does not happen when building using pbuilder.

But it should not take the git version but the one in
version.txt, so the test is correct to fail. I pushed
a fix for this.

I see you uploaded already. Can you do it again? Sorry
for the trouble... (for reproducible science having the
clean version string is important)

Martin