Re: [Help needed] Racon

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 11:27:58AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> >After updating libedlib to build the shared libraries and adjusting the
> >symbols file, I have everything working locally, including racon's
> >build-time tests.  I will add notes to my commits and the changelog so
> >it is clear what happened.  First I will upload the update to libedlib
> >and then an update to racon for its autopkgtests.
>
> Hi Tony, thanks a lot for the help! :)

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for the improvements to the autopkgtest and the other
clean-up.  Using the checksum is a great trick!  One (very minor)
concern I have is that our future selves won't be able to easily
differentiate between a change in the output format in a new version -
for example, capitalization or punctuation or the number of zeros
following the decimal for the XC field in this first line of output:

  >utg000001l LN:i:47676 RC:i:181 XC:f:1.000000

and a legitimately failing test.  I ran into this with a recent update
simrisc.

I don't think we should revert your improvements.  I mention this only
because I see this as an area where we will continue to evolve the state
of the art.

Best regards, and a Happy New Year to all!
tony